You can’t afford to send a bad email! In order to effectively reach your prospect, your emails need to be on point. I’ve created a 10-step checklist to help you do just that. Whenever you email a prospect, follow these 10 steps:
- Will the prospect be able to read the entire email on a smartphone with only “one swipe?”
- Have I kept the email short enough so the prospect doesn’t have enough information to make their final decision without talking to me first.
- Do the first 8-10 words of the email grab the prospect’s attention?
- Have I included a compelling reason / call to action for the prospect to contact me?
- Have I asked the prospect to call me and have I given them my phone number?
- Am I providing the prospect with new information / insights / questions they will find valuable?
- Is the subject truly compelling for the person receiving it?
- What is my follow-up plan? Am I following the two key words found on every bottle of shampoo: rinse and repeat?
- Have I made sure I’m not wasting words by adding unnecessary information about me and my company?
- What does the email look like when I sent it to myself and view it on a smartphone or tablet?
Do yourself a favor and download my ebook that specifically talks about this important subject. Also, check out the 40-minute “Instant View” webinar I did on emailing and prospecting. Grab both here as well as an infographic of these 10 items.
Next time you send an email, use this 10-step checklist and don’t forget to take advantage of the other resources I’ve made available to you. This is the only way your emails will be more productive and bring you greater success.
Copyright 2019, Mark Hunter “The Sales Hunter.” Sales Motivation Blog. Mark Hunter is the author of High-Profit Prospecting: Powerful Strategies to Find the Best Leads and Drive Breakthrough Sales Results